Featured Help with heavy silk scarf "Sports d'Hiver" signed Perry.

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by lvetterli, Mar 22, 2020.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Howdy, everyone. I am out of my comfort zone with this and haven't found anything quite like it with all my googling. 32" square, labeled pure silk, machine sewn hem rolled under. Heavier than the silk scarves I had years ago. I have no illusions, this probably isn't worth a ton but I know it's better than a hanky. Any help is greatly appreciated. Covered with Edelweiss and ski resort names. Sports dHiver.JPG Sports dHiver (2).JPG Sports dHiver (3).JPG Sports dHiver (4).JPG

judy, Aquitaine, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Attractive. Those types of scarves typically come from Italy. More than likely silk as labelled. Perry would be a commercial name, rather than a designer.

Debora

3. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Is the name on the tag Reine Sada or Reine Saida? Glare & texture are giving me trouble reading. 'Pure Soie' seems weird to me. My French isn't that fluent, but 'Soie Pure' sounds correct to me. And what's written in between? If it's another way of saying pure silk, I don't recognize the language. There's an Hermes quality to it but wonder if it wasn't made in Asia rather than Europe.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. lvetterli

I assumed the tag just said pure silk in several languages. "Reine Seide", "Pure Soie", "Zuiver Lyde", "Pure Silk" and on the back "Pura Seta" followed by the little washing signs.

Thanks.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Good you are back, Bronwen! I think this too.

lvetterli, It's tres chic and looks to be very fine silk.

Bronwen likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

There are scarf factories in Northern Italy that sell this type of thing.

Debora

Bronwen likes this.
  7. lvetterli

Thanks everyone! Probably listing that, can I search Italian silk scarf on eBay to find values? Other search terms?

Linda

8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Looks to me that all the names are ski resorts. Concours du ski club.......concours roughly translate as ........

1. an exhibition or contest.
    So it looks like a listing of the ski resorts holding contests for the ski club ( which I assume is the name in the middle square).

9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I was reading Reine as French for queen, being unfamiliar with what I'm now assuming is the German for pure silk. That all makes much more sense.

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's some dating help for you.

"From 1906 to 1996 the town was called Badgastein. On 1 January 1997, the community name was changed to Bad Gastein (spelling-wise)."

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  11. lvetterli

12. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Perry Ellis ?

13. reader

reader Well-Known Member

Not his signature. He used a very different P and I’ve never seen an Ellis scarf with a script signature or without his full name.

14. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

but it was never missing the a in Gastein. so a cheap would-be something.

Debora likes this.
  15. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

good catch, Fid!

16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

sometimes I wish I could switch off my internal spellchecker these days - newspapers, books, whatever - so many phaults:)facepalm:).

antidiem likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted