Help with "Ice" Sculpture - Scandinavian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Oct 22, 2019.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I'm hoping someone will know who made this ice sculpture paperweight. It measures about 6 3/4" wide and 4 1/2" tall. It's signed but I can't quite make it out and it's very difficult to photograph. I think it starts with an R. The scene is two children looking up at stars. Any help on the manufacturer and/or age would be much appreciated. Thank you.
    Don

IMG_20191022_113450022.jpg IMG_20191022_113506310.jpg IMG_20191022_113518082.jpg IMG_20191022_113802603.jpg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

you'll have to take better photos than that ..try holding the signature at different angles against the light.

anundverkaufen likes this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I'll try. It took me the better part of an hour to get that shot. The signature is very small (1/16" to 1/8") and very light - just getting it to show up at all is a bit of a struggle.
    Don

4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Don-
    Did you try a little cinnamon rubbed into the signature?

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Enlarged & enhanced, but not sure it helps much.....Don, do you have a stationary magnifier (like one on a stand?) that you could photograph the siggy through????

X3ZZZZZZ IMG_20191022_113802603-edit.jpg

7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Beat me to it. That bluish tinge is characteristic and typical of Strombergshyttan.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you for all the suggestions. After some more twisting and squinting I think this might be Reijmyre. Right now I'm trying to find an example with a signature - it looks like they used mostly foil labels.
    Don

anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  9. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Got it! Finally figured out how to get my phone to do a close-up.
    IMG_20191023_164453925.jpg

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Ah, Reijmyre then.

clutteredcloset49, judy and dgbjwc like this.
  11. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Well done Don - didn't look like stromberg to me;)

pearlsnblume and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted