Help with ID and Mark on Old Hand Painted Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Jun 23, 2021.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

For some reason this plate looks sort of familiar to me, but anyway, it's definitely hand painted, 9 1/4" diameter. The back has the numbers 34 (I think) in blue and there's an incised mark - it's an oval with a name in the center but I can't make it out. When I look through a loupe, it just shows crazing. The last letter appears to be a Y. Maybe someone knows the pattern if not the maker.

Thanks for your help!
    Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Tanya

Tanya Well-Known Member

ascot likes this.
  3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

We had similar one here for identification very recently.

4. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thank you! The reference above says Straw Pattern and is by Porsgrund. The mark on mine doesn't appear to say Porsgrund, but it gives me something to search!

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

My filters, for some reason, couldn't touch this mark AT ALL, and this is the best I could do with just Photoshop....it looks like it's at least backwards and I turned it forwards....all the crazing didn't help at all!! I'm pretty sure I'm seeing ..... in no specific order..... R, L, F, and the rest just not sure.....

PLATE BOTTOM REV-2X.jpg

ascot, laura9797 and judy like this.
  6. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

7. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thank you all for trying! I'm going to try a peroxide soak and see if the mark gets any clearer. I'll come back if it does.

Draft saved Draft deleted