Help with ID of Green & Brown Drip Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Mar 27, 2015.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

I have this up over on the other board but it looks like there's not much action there. This vase is 11 1/2" tall, 4" in diameter at the base and about 7" at the top. The inside is white. It is very hard, almost feels glassy, kind of rings when tapped. Crazing of the brown glaze and it's hard to tell about the green because it is raised and patterned in relief. Bottom looks almost painted and has the residue of a large sticker. I'm leaning toward newer import but something in the back of my head says maybe not, maybe something better. I don't have a lot invested in it so I won't fall apart if it's not something great. Thanks for all your help! GreenBrownVase (2).JPG GreenBrownVase (1).JPG

2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

This is modern Chinese. I distinctly remember these at Big Lots. I later picked one up on the secondary market and sold it for about 20 bucks.

3. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Well, okay then! Guess I need to follow my gut more! Thanks!

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Even though it is new, it is still a nice piece, I would give it house room.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted