Help with identifying a silverplate kangaroo figurine, please

Discussion in 'Silver' started by PortableTreasures, Mar 11, 2020.

?

Can you help identify the hallmark/maker stamp on this kangaroo?

1. The kangaroo is cool

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. The kangaroo is not cool

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. PortableTreasures

PortableTreasures Active Member

halkmark3.png hallmark.png hallmark2.png s-l1600-1.jpg s-l1600-2.jpg s-l1600.jpg kangafull1.jpg kangafull2.jpg kangafull3.jpg

Hello everyone--I'd really appreciate your help in identifying who made this lovely little kangaroo figurine. And is it silverplate? Or not even silver at all? Any idea about date of manufacture? It measures approximately 3 1/2" x 1 1/4" x 3 5/8" high (approx. 10cm x 3cm x 11cm). I don't have access to the kangaroo myself; I did ask the seller for additional close-ups of the maker's mark and these were everything sent. I thought at first it might be "SD" for Stewart Dawson, but it looks more like "SB" to me. Thanks in advance for any information you can send my way!

PS: I'm sorry about including the weird poll--the site won't let me post without creating one...

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
    Any Jewelry, Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

4. PortableTreasures

Thanks @DragonflyWink and @flipper. I have looked at every Stewart Dawson kangaroo I could find online before posting and none of them matched the 'roo style or the markings (most kangaroos seem to have "Stewart Dawson" written out in full). But the image you've posted, Cheryl, with the griffin (?) stamp make me think you must be right about it being a Stewart Dawson piece. Thanks so much for your input--both of you!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think if you just ignore everything underneath the bit where you type your text and add your photos, it won't create a poll. You can also uncheck any boxes that are already checked, before posting the thread.

I think your roo is very cool btw, but there was no 'very cool' option in the poll.:playful:

Bakersgma likes this.
  6. PortableTreasures

Thanks for your advice re the polling option, Any Jewelry--and for your "very cool" comment, which made me laugh out loud!!

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

:happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted