Featured Help with Lexington Furniture Industries by Dixie Cabinet

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by LAS, May 5, 2020.

1. LAS

LAS New Member

Hoping some one can shed some light on the age, value and product line for this Lexington Furniture Industries by Dixie cabinet that was recently acquired by my daughter. Many thanks. 3 photos attached

Attached Files:

ulilwitch, Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Lexington Furniture Industries was founded in 1936. This china cabinet looks like it was made in 1980's roughly.

Determining a value is very difficult because it is influenced by so many things - where is it, what is the market for used furniture like where you are, how would it be sold? what condition is it in? You get the idea.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS, @LAS:):)

Christmasjoy and James Conrad like this.
  4. LAS

LAS New Member

Thank you for your prompt response.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

It's very pretty and I agree with Bakersgma's assessment of age and all.

Welcome! :cat:

LAS likes this.
  6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

After trying to sort out whether Dixie Furniture owned Lexington Furniture Industries, or whether it was the other way around, and when they started using the "Lexington Furniture Industries by Dixie" tag on furniture, I have given up. However, it does appear that in about 1986-1987 might have been when they started using it. And I agree with @Bakersgma on the dating of the piece of furniture here. The company was later acquired by others and they wouldn't have used that after the 1990s some time, it appears.

antidiem, LAS and Bakersgma like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Just used furniture and worth what one can get for it. That will depend on where one is and how it is sold. Here in my Midwest location, I can pick similar cabinets up for under $50.00. Might see them at retail here for up to $175.00. You might see higher (or lower prices) where you live.

8. LAS

LAS New Member

Thank you. My daughter was offered the cabinet for no cost and is planning on using it in her home, so I guess it is a win win situation. We were interested in value primarily for insurance purposes. Thanks you.

James Conrad and Figtree3 like this.
  9. LAS

LAS New Member

Thank you for your response.

Draft saved Draft deleted