Help With Maker Of Modern Porcelain Plate

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Sep 3, 2014.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Came with the box but not sure if it is original.
    I wonder if the images are after a famous art.
    Any suggestions on the maker?
    Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Looks like 'Marge Simpson' by Picasso.

707susang and gregsglass like this.
  3. 707susang

707susang Active Member

I don't know anything about the plate, but the box is Chinese.

4. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

That is what I thought about the box too. But the similar ones i've seen usually come with more traditional Chinese pieces rather than modern like this. I find it strange not to find any marks or stamps.

5. 707susang

707susang Active Member

Not if you live anywhere near a big city with a Chinatown. One out for display and 40 more under the table. If it isn't signed, it doesn't matter. The fabric on the box is more modern.

I wouldn't know how to describe it since there isn't a woman on Earth with a body shaped like that. hahaha

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

When I see figures like that, I think Botero or, maybe, Beryl Cook, but I doubt they'll be very useful in IDing this.

Draft saved Draft deleted