Help with markings on Gold Ring please

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by LaineyV, Jul 23, 2019.

1. LaineyV

LaineyV Active Member

Hi

ring pic.jpg ring pic 2.jpg
    I'm in the UK and can see that this is not a UK Hallmark. Also I'm sure it says 730 in the first picture which is not 18 carat so now I'm stumped!

Can anyone shed any light please?

Thanks

Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Whole ring please? Are you sure it's not 750? Italian, anyhow.

3. LaineyV

LaineyV Active Member

ring pic 3.jpg
    Thanks for letting me know it's Italian. The markings are so tiny - even with my best loupe it's difficult to read! Anyway here's the picture of the whole ring. It would be nice to think the clear stones are diamonds but I'm not that lucky - probably CZ!

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Very pretty, Lainey.
    I agree, Italian, 750, which is 18 carat. Relatively recent, and made in the Alessandria region. The stones could be white topaz.

There seems to be a miniature VW beetle driving towards the fineness mark.:playful:

5. LaineyV

LaineyV Active Member

Thank you. I say it every time but you guys are really amazing!

6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Looking at the size of that thing reminds me of my dearest grandmothers jewelry. She had such tiny fingers not one woman in my family can wear her rings! Not even my mother,who has the tiniest hands of anyone I know. :)

judy, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  7. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

The only way to be sure about the stones is to take it to a jeweler to have them tested :)

judy, Bronwen and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I agree.
    CZ is unlikely, but you never know. I have never seen an Italian 18k gold ring with CZ. But then I haven't seen every Italian 18k gold ring on the planet.;)

judy, johnnycb09 and Bronwen like this.
  9. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

All of the above + number between the star & AL identifies the jeweller who made it, and CZ, when it's clean, actually has more flash & fire than diamond, so, if it's super sparkly, you may have some idea of whether or not it is CZ, before you take it in to have a professional look at it. :)

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  10. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hi Lainey,

You said you are "sure it says 730", I agree that it looks like 730 from the photo, but the close up isn't totally clear. Any chance that 3 is a 5? 750 surely makes more sense a 5, good news as suggested above.

Maybe when you are having the stones tested have them double check the gold content.

judy and Bronwen like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted