Help with marks, London 1905

Discussion in 'Silver' started by fettan4, Feb 19, 2020.

1. fettan4

fettan4 Active Member

26F1334A-BAF1-4B3B-9CF6-4D425AEB7698.jpeg The mark to left, can some one help me identify?

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

3. flipper

flipper Striving to face adversity with tact and humor

say_it_slowly does it again!

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

5. say_it_slowly

komokwa likes this.
  6. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Most references have some errors, but while the 925-1000 forums are active, the informational sections have had little updating in years - there are reasons for that, but not mine to tell...

~Cheryl

komokwa likes this.
  7. DragonflyWink

The Silver Maker's Marks site is very well maintained, and for me, quite simple to use, but should be mentioned that all marks are ones Phil has encountered, and the dates given were found on pieces he's actually seen. It is an excellent site, but believe he'd be the first to say it's not comprehensive...

~Cheryl

komokwa and Bakersgma like this.
  8. say_it_slowly

Oh dear Cheryl I think that came off as a complaint or criticism and it was more of just one of those maybe someone should drop it in the suggestion box things. I find the site very helpful and am grateful that it exists.:)

9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

And me not being the COMPREHENSIVE searcher YOU ladies ARE, only happened to find the one 'Boynton' site.....glad to hear there's a correct one!!!! Y'all ARE the BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::joyful::joyful:

Houseful likes this.
  10. DragonflyWink

Oh, no - I didn't take it that way at all! I've had little luck in getting worse errors than that corrected, and there is a lot of valuable information on 925-1000, but the site is a bit outdated (again, there are reasons). I've sent corrections, with proof, to a couple of other sites too, without hearing back from them or seeing corrections made (there is one site, riddled with major errors, that has made many corrections over the years, but still has some wrong info). Was really just pointing out that there are very few, if any, perfect references, whether printed or online, and checking more than one reference is usually a good idea...

~Cheryl

komokwa, say_it_slowly and Bakersgma like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted