Help with MCM Night Stand

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by floridasunshine, Sep 24, 2022.

1. floridasunshine

floridasunshine New Member

I picked this (possibly) MCM American of Martinsville Merton Gershun night stand today at a yard sale in Florida for $20.

It has some nicks and dings and a bit of staining/fading on the top. I've found some info about it online, but there seems to be conflicting info about the age and the potential value.

I am also curious if there is anything I can do to help with the issues on the top, or if I should just leave it alone.

Any insight would be appreciated. :)

IMG_4094.jpg

IMG_4095.jpg

IMG_4096.jpg

judy likes this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. floridasunshine

Oh wow! I know on Chairish pink book they went from anywhere from $250-$1,600 (more for a pair of course) but I just don't have any idea where mine would land.

Thanks for the link! It looks like the one you posted is near the same condition as mine. I think it was a good $20 buy!

4. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

The price in that link includes the refinishing that they do. A hard concept to swallow, that you buy it prior to it being reconditioned. :vomit:

judy and komokwa like this.
  5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Apologies to point out that yours is not nearly in the condition as the one in the link and would have to be stripped and refinished, the handles removed and re-plated to look like the one in the link. However I did notice in the link IF YOU HAVE ONE TO SELL TO THEM THEY MAY BUY IT! So that's another option. :happy::)

Yah, not the concept I'd want to involve myself in for fear of the unknown! :cat: :joyful:

floridasunshine and judy like this.
  6. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Value is really dependent on market. Worth $20.00 in Podunkville. Worth big bucks in a high-end shop or with an on-line vendor with certain clietele. Here in my semi-rural Midwest location, we would be hard-pressed to even get $100 for a single stand in good condition.

Still think you got a good buy. I don't know what the dark marks are but, if you can get them off, the rest is an easy refinish.

floridasunshine and Roaring20s like this.
  7. floridasunshine

Thanks everyone!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted