Help with Metal Vase

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by ascot, May 5, 2020.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

I've had this a long time and bought it because I liked the shape and color. I don't know what the metal is, though a magnet doesn't stick to it and it's heavy. 6" tall.

Any help appreciated!

Janice

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

komokwa, Aquitaine, Bakersgma and 4 others like this.
  2. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Loving the “mottled” effect on it!!!! And color IS gorgeous.... looks so much bigger in the posted images!! Firstly, I’d say wait for the more knowledgeable to come along, but in looking at the chipping along the edge (there may be more I’m not seeing?) wondering what with the blackened bottom with the crack as well, if that might be an applied and baked on finish.......I’m open for correction as always:rolleyes::rolleyes:....regardless, a lovely piece!!

Last edited: May 5, 2020
  3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

You have good eyes, Aquitane! I'm inclined to think the finish is applied and baked on as you suggested. When I tried to clean the bottom with a Magic Eraser, a copper color came off, though it didn't come off the sides. As for a crack on the bottom, there isn't one. I think the line you're referring to is a scrape from a tool or something.

Aquitaine likes this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Can't help ID, just wanted to say this is a gorgeous hunk of metal!

ascot likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think it is modern decorator piece. Think I have seen similar in Hobby Lobby.

6. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Certainly could be. (We just moved and there's no Hobby Lobby near us - I'm thrilled.)