Help with Moorcroft please! After a week I'm still none the wiser

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miss Sophie, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

ResizedMoorcroft15.jpg ResizedMoorcroft10.jpg ResizedMoorcroft3.jpg ResizedMoorcroft7.jpg ResizedMoorcroft14.jpg ResizedMoorcroft8.jpg ResizedMoorcroft.jpg ResizedMoorcroft4.jpg Good afternoon all. Newbie here. I'm tearing my hair out. I have 4 x Moorcroft pieces that I have been trying to research for more than a week, and whilst I can get some information from some of them, I'm really none the wiser overall. If anyone can help I would really appreciate it The photo of the marks are in the same order as the photographed items. Thanks in advance for any information, and whether or not they are worth anything. ResizedMoorcroft15.jpg

judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

@Miss Sophie - Welcome to forum!! :happy::happy:

We do have a couple of members who know this pottery fairly well however the one I am thinking of is likely fast asleep right now. I will tag her so that she will look in here.

@Ownedbybear

judy likes this.
  3. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

thank you so very much. Took me while to work out how to post :wacky::wacky:

judy likes this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

they're all worth money, but 2000, 90, and 97.....none are that old..

judy likes this.
  5. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you, I realise they're not very old, I was just hoping for some more information. Cheers

judy and komokwa like this.
  6. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I would give it an extra day or so since there have been issues with the site most of the day. I am not sure if she was even able to get on the site or not.

judy likes this.
  8. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

welcome to the forum Miss Sophie, you have some beautiful pieces of Moorcroft:)
    Your first piece has the mark for designer Shirley Hayes.
    I think it is @Rob Churchill that used to work for Moorcroft, he might be able to help you out.
    Screen Shot 2021-02-01 at 7.36.20 PM.png

https://www.moorcroft.com/markings

i need help and komokwa like this.
  9. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

thank you so much. I really appreciate it.

judy likes this.
  10. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Yes I noticed that. I couldn't get on! thank you once again.

judy and bercrystal like this.
  11. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Ello!

They're all modern, and all collector's club pieces. Sold through the meetings, online and at fairs and retailers. As far as value goes, the best bet is to check sold prices on Ebay UK. It tends to be that these sell on the secondary market for rather less than the original retail, sadly.

12. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you. May I ask which marks tell that they are collectors club pieces? Thanks so much.

judy likes this.
  13. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Oh, and can anyone tell me what the flowers are please? I've tried looking at other similar pieces, but I'm still not quite sure.

cxgirl and judy like this.
  14. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

your first piece is called pheasant's eye, I can't figure out the second piece, 3rd piece is Anemone and the 4th is Magnolia.

komokwa and Miss Sophie like this.
  15. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you for that.

komokwa likes this.
  16. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you so very much

komokwa and cxgirl like this.
  17. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you.

komokwa likes this.
  18. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

you are very welcome:)

19. Miss Sophie

Miss Sophie New Member

Thank you so much. Also, may I ask you, does a little crazing devalue the piece(s), or is it expected?

cxgirl likes this.
  20. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

for me, I expect to see some crazing. I've never bought any new pieces, but I imagine some crazing is okay - if heavy crazing, then yes to impacting value. If you are selling them, just mention that there is some.
    I looked at your photos, I couldn't see any:)

komokwa and Miss Sophie like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted