Featured Help with paperweight, Glass Eye or knockoff?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Jan 14, 2022.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone. Picked up this paperweight this morning and in searching for an id, found a very similar one with a Glass Eye Studio sticker but no evidence of an etched or engraved signature. No sticker or anything else that would point to an id on mine. 4" tall, just over 3" wide. It was hard getting photos without tons of reflections, I hope these are good enough to be of use. Thanks, y'all.

Linda 20220114_145053.jpg 20220114_145155.jpg 20220114_145128.jpg

Figtree3, judy, Boland and 5 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The core suggests reasonably modern Asian.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  3. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

I'm not a "glassie" but have attended several of the periodic sales at Glass Eye, in pre-COVID times; often the items one finds there are not marked; and are highly variable in style, perhaps including experimental and one-of-a-kind items made by the craftspeople working there. It was always a fun sale, and interesting to talk with the people - in addition to possibly finding some great bargains!

Figtree3, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Chinese or whatever,I love it ! I agree with Bear,anytime I see a core like that I tend to think China.

Figtree3 and judy like this.
  5. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Thank you, everyone. I will price it accordingly, I'm sure someone out there will love it.

Linda

6. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

The colors seem unusual for a paperweight. Maybe because it is more modern? Lovely, too!

Draft saved Draft deleted