Help with Parisian Art

Discussion in 'Art' started by Cameron500, Mar 18, 2020.

1. Cameron500

Cameron500 New Member

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 8.jpg I obtained these pieces that originated from an estate sale in Tulsa, Oklahoma. I was not able to speak to anyone that owned them. Some or all were framed in Tulsa professionally. I figured they were obtained while traveling. The only ones I have found anything about are the ones by Almi which seems to be by the same person who makes ceramic pieces with identical style pictures. Any help in identifying if possible would be appreciated.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the paintings look like tourist art you buy on the streets of Paris.........

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Yes, they do indeed look like tourist art. The one of triple arch is Brussels, not Paris.

Debora

komokwa likes this.
  4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I like some of them, go back and edit your post and select full images then we can comment on the individual works.

5. Cameron500

Cameron500 New Member

Full image selected

6. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I like #2, but #3 and#4 are my faves. These are the best pieces, rest have small value, the last little one is the most appealing of the remainder IMO.

7. Cameron500

Cameron500 New Member

Thank you for your feedback. What is your opinion of #1, amateur street artist?

8. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Sort of production line, somewhat small-scale mass production ...popular decorator item type of the 1960's, although most of this type were prints.

9. Cameron500

Cameron500 New Member

It appears to be original to me, doesn't look like anything production. Did they apply paint over a pre-printed picture?

10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

#1 Montmarte street. From clothing, appears to be modern scene. Impasto technique using palette reminiscent of Van Gogh. Thousands similar have been produced post-War.

Debora

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted