Help with Possible Italian Tole Lamp

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by ascot, Jun 27, 2017.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Not sure whether "tole" is the appropriate term here, but it's all I can think of. The cord is marked F M C Milano, and the plug isn't grounded.

The lamp is all metal - at least I think it is. It appears to be weighted as it weighs 7 lbs . The faux malachite (again, not sure if I'm using the right term) orange-y shade is metal, and the similar color base appears to have seams at the corners, so I think it's metal applied over something very heavy. The romantic scene in the shade is a decal, as is the scroll work around the genie (or is there a better word?) shape font.

The base is covered with green felt, so I can't see if there are any marks.

Thoughts on origin, maker, age? Also, since I'd like to list it, any help with description or key words would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

3. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  4. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Lady branch Susan, you solved almost all the mystery, except for whether French or Italian. Regardless, I found one on Etsy that's almost identical. Thank you again!

judy likes this.
  5. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

The "Milano" on the cord would indicate Italy I think.

There are a number of "FMC Milano" cord lamps you can view --different from this one, but fun to browse.

It's a really unusual and beautiful lamp. Seems to have some nice quality to it. I love the scroll decoration on the side. Just don't see lamps like this every day.

The one in the link was advertised for $1495. :woot: Not sure how realistic that price is, but would think your lamp has some nice value. And the lamp in the link had the following issue, er ... special feature! Love the description!

From the link:

(Note: Lamp has a slight overall tilt which enhances its authenticity & charm)

:rolleyes:

6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

You're welcome. I wasn't sure at all. I was just throwing out the idea. BTW, do call me Susan. The Ladybranch was strictly an off the cuff ID I had used on many sites that required a unique ID name.

--- Susan

judy and ascot like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted