Help with red glass vase identification please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lena345, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Lena345

Lena345 Member

Hello, I wasn't able to find similar to this cased red glass vase. It's 12" high and 4" mouth diameter. There are some inperfections like large bubble or not even strip locations. The vase is signed and there are very small numbers in black. I hope somebody can recognise the signature and identify time and place of making. Thank you very much for help. Sorry, I haven't found a way to rotate the pictures. View attachment 275955 IMG_3914 (1).JPG IMG_3929.JPG IMG_3920.JPG IMG_3919.JPG

Bronwen likes this.
  2. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Hello Lena. I'm not seeing the signature. A close up of it straigt on might help.

Bronwen likes this.
  3. Lena345

Lena345 Member

The signature is on the second picture. I used corn sturch to make it visible.

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Lena345

Lena345 Member

And the small black spot in the middle of graffity is tyny number.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I'm afraid I don't see a signature either in the second photo. The third photo of the base seems to have some grinding marks (or something) but I don't see a signature. Could you do a photo from less of an angle if it's on the base or point out the location where you see something?

blooey likes this.
  6. George Nesmith

George Nesmith Well-Known Member

I also do not see a siggy

judy likes this.
  7. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I tried using my rather primitive editing program. Is this what you're talking about?

upload_2020-9-11_10-21-29.png

judy likes this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I don't believe I have ever seen a vase signed at the top.

If you look at the photo of the bottom there may be something to the left of or on top of what appears to be the pontil mark. I am totally lost when it comes to the magic you all do to enhance photos & draw on them so hopefully, someone else sees what I am talking about. :p:happy::happy::happy:

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted