HELP WITH ROCKY MARCIANO POSTER

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by journeymagazine, Jan 9, 2019.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this today at a local thrift store - it looks like it was a gift from a T. COLLINI CO. LTD. - but googling that & / or the Rocky Marciano poster draws a blank?

Any idea on age of this - it looks like it has age to it, right?
    Rarity/value?

I also found a old print that looks like it could be a copy of a copy of a senator that has written on it "Father of boxing law"?

These must have been donated together?

AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO 1AA.JPG AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO 2AA.JPG AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO 3AA.JPG AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO 4AA.JPG
    AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO BOXING LAW DOCTOR 1AA.JPG AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO BOXING LAW DOCTOR 1AAA.JPG AA ART POSTER ROCKY MARCIANO BOXING LAW DOCTOR 2AA.JPG

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

T. Collini Co. Ltd. was a Canadian construction company. I can find a reference to it being around in 1964, 1969 and 1977. Marciano died in 1969 so may date to then. That would be consistent with the poster's font.

Debora

kentworld and BaseballGames like this.
  3. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

Debra you are something!
    Thanks
    PS- Poster being what looks like a small run valuable?

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

It looks like all 49 of Marciano's wins as a pro are depicted, and if so you know for certain it was produced after 1955.

The guy pictured in the other print is Jimmy Walker, "Beau James," better known as the hugely popular, bon vivant, and mostly corrupt mayor of New York in the late '20s. In his previous role as New York State senator, he was responsible for legislation that legalized boxing in the state, which earned him enshrinement in the Boxing Hall of Fame.

Draft saved Draft deleted