Help with Rouennais Longchamp pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Califia, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Califia

Califia New Member

Hello,
    I am looking to sell this beautiful blue and white Longchamp set. (there is also a gravy boat that didn't make it into the Group photo - LOL) I'm having a hard time finding the age & rough value of this pottery. Any info you could share would be great!
    Thanks in advance!
    P.S. Does everyone usually use eBay to sell items?

Attached Files:

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Those that have been selling on line for a while, do use ebay.
    If you have never sold there, I would not start. Looking at your local Facebook garage sale pages might be a place to try.

Wait for other comments.
    Sorry, can't help with your china. Did you try replacements?
    https://www.replacements.com/china/manu/r.htm

Welcome to the board.

judy, Califia and Christmasjoy like this.
  3. Grateful

Grateful Well-Known Member

Ebay is often used because you have such a large audience, but there are small fees charged (obviously, since they are there to make money.) You can see what's currently listed that is similar to your item(s), and using the advanced search see what actually sells and at what price.

For popular items, I just started using Facebook Marketplace and other local buy/sell sites - mostly because I: 1. Get the full amt, 2. Don't have to worry about shipping charges for larger packages and packing/protecting fragile items. Easiest way to go for furniture, etc. IMO. You can indicate they must pick up by certain date, bring moving help, etc.

They both have their good and bad points, and you will encounter no-shows, rude people, and non-payers in either lane. Just remember, your goal is to sell your stuff. I have even tried the same item on both sites. Completed a FB Marketplace transaction this morning. Meet at a convenient and public location, if possible for your safety. You can request they porch pick up (ppu), just make sure you are safe (someone else home or a neighbor watching out for you.) I met at a Cracker Barrel this morning. Good Luck.

cxgirl, judy, Califia and 1 other person like this.
  4. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Are you in the US or France or?

judy likes this.
  5. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

6. Califia

Califia New Member

I am in the US.

7. Califia

Califia New Member

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

I must say I get the feeling that it's not very old. "hand painted France" doesn't show up in my link. rather post 1945 or even after the re-opening after the bankruptcy. where exactly did you get it ?

9. Califia

Califia New Member

Yeah, I haven't had much luck with my searches either. :-( A friend of mine asked me to sell it for her. Her parents are Italian and said they bought it a long time ago and that its pretty valuable. Its been sitting in boxes state-side for about 15 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted