Featured Help with Signature on Pottery

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by ascot, Oct 11, 2018.

1. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

This is a 12" diameter shallow bowl, maybe a tourist piece. Can anyone read/translate the signature and wording on the back? I think "Lo Hizo" means "He/she did it", which probably refers to the name above that I can't figure out.

Thanks much!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Typo. Same guy.

Debora

ascot, Christmasjoy, Pat P and 2 others like this.
  5. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! I really like his work!

Christmasjoy, Pat P and scoutshouse like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's pricey. With a bit of research, you should be able to identify the building on your plate.

Debora

ascot, Christmasjoy and aaroncab like this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

8. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

This region of Spain certainly has a lot of churches and monasteries! I've been looking at online photos but haven't been able to ID the one here. I'll keep looking, but I think artistic license is likely.

UncleChuckTX, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  9. Any Jewelry

All of Spain has a lot of churches and monasteries.:) I like the blue roofs in the region of Alicante and further north.
    Come to think of it, all of southern Europe has a lot of churches and monasteries.
    We in the north don't do too badly either, although some churches and most monasteries were destroyed.

judy likes this.
  10. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

UncleChuckTX and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. Any Jewelry

Oh, I love it. Thank you for showing us.

Draft saved Draft deleted