Featured Help with silver hallmarks please

Discussion in 'Silver' started by NTC Collector, May 2, 2021.

1. NTC Collector

NTC Collector Well-Known Member

E5E333BE-0938-4515-B92D-21642B553197.jpeg 4F84AF78-560A-489D-88FD-7C442B5D5220.jpeg 4BA0BF0D-9AF6-4FFF-9A9A-1328176D17AF.jpeg Hi all, I found this spatter vase with silver rim and would appreciate help with the hallmarks. I’m assuming the vase is Czech around 1920s. I know nothing about hallmarks but have cleaned to reveal what looks like an L, a lion and a lion’s head? Also looks like letters D.L. before the hallmarks? Vase is 20cm high. Silver bit split in

2. Hamburger

Hamburger Absolute Beginner

Last edited: May 2, 2021
    KikoBlueEyes, judy, Ce BCA and 2 others like this.
  3. Hamburger

4. NTC Collector

KikoBlueEyes, judy and Hamburger like this.
  5. NTC Collector

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
  6. Hamburger

Not easy to see much on that photo. But with the height and profile you should have a good chance of identifying this, possibly in uncollared state, and being able to ascribe it to one of the Bohemian manufacturers.

EDITED TO ADD: I've just seen someone asked here about a different silver-collared DL piece last year: https://www.antiquers.com/threads/david-loebl-vase.51189/

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  7. NTC Collector

Yes there’s no mark on base. Looks likely it’s Rindskopf from some other links I’ve found on the shape but seems it’s difficult to identify specific. makers in the Czech 20s glass

KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Welz is perhaps more likely with the spatter. We imported from so many makers then embellished.

Hamburger likes this.
  9. Hamburger

10. NTC Collector

Hamburger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted