Featured Help with thrifted Wood Carved Cherub heads

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Pinknebula, Apr 28, 2023.

1. Pinknebula

Pinknebula New Member

PXL_20230428_231534624_compress26.jpg PXL_20230428_231724041.MP_compress82.jpg PXL_20230428_231716680.MP_compress3.jpg PXL_20230428_231630670_compress53.jpg I just purchased these today at a thrift store in Toronto.

They're solid wood, with no maker's mark or any ID whatsoever! Super curious about dating these, and any history on them really.

Thanks for your time!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2023
  2. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

My guess is that they were glued to a piece of furniture at one time. You can see the square where I assume glue was.

3. Pinknebula

Pinknebula New Member

Aha, yes I see what you mean! Even if I don't find out more, im happy having grabbed them for $10, haha

4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

luv them

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Cute decorative items!
    My guess would be no older than mid-20th century due to the styling of the faces. But WDIK...!

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

When my parents were at the Cape back in the '90's Mom had picked a few of them up, but they weren't stained like yours, they were, I think just like gray....not sure painted at all....she had a shop and grabbed them for the shop....don't remember what she paid though.....as I remember, they looked like yours though!! Nice!!!

7. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

I always do well with wall hanging cherub/angel/putti stuff at around the price point you paid. Moves well. They are nice for $10! Make sure to throw “angel” in the title if you sell them.

Figtree3 likes this.
  8. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I used to have a similar one made of plaster sold in the 1980s as a Christmas Decoration. I spray painted it gold, hung it over an opening in our living room and flanked it with garland :)

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted