Help with(turquoise?) Earrings?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

2F07863F-963E-4A62-B17E-0BE482604563.jpeg E2C0DA7C-B71F-4F56-B297-24D5B2CFBED7.jpeg So I have tons of vintage costume and sterling jewelry I’m trying to get rid of and these were a pair of earrings I listed. I got bombarded with messages asking if they were available. They aren’t sterling so I just assume they aren’t anything special. Am I missing something ??
    313F467A-CF0F-4573-931E-C4197AED4DDE.jpeg D3600004-9AEB-4AE2-80B7-5C1960ABF505.jpeg 6630CA28-7969-40F4-A23C-5D4163BC5518.jpeg

judy and Xristina like this.
  2. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I have no idea about the earrings but I've had that happen when the bidding has gone through the roof for no obvious reason. With these earrings there may be a good reason that the wise and the wonderful will enlighten us to in a minute. I once listed two identical pairs of childrens shoes at the same time, same size and colour and condition. One pair went for £2.99 and the other for £45!. More than a new pair by £20. Buyer paid up,maybe they got caught up in a bidding war but it was odd.
    Maybe these are by a smart designer?. The end beads are pretty but other than that I'm stumped.

3. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Can you explain further regarding messages to see if they were still available. (...Just curious, to help to understand what might be going on here. :)) Did an auction close with no bidders and then you got messages from more than one interested party?

Not seeing anything too valuable about these, esp with the bent earpost. They have a pretty/wearable design though. I do think attractive if you can get that earpost straightened without snapping it off.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2019
    judy, Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  4. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

No I listed them on Facebook Marketplace actually and got bombarded with messages!

Lucille.b and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted