Help with Two Handled Signed Vintage Lamp

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by TAMMY BOTZON, Apr 9, 2019.

1. TAMMY BOTZON

TAMMY BOTZON New Member

IMG_6285.jpg We got this lamp at a sale and we noticed it was signed. Would anyone know anything about who signed it? IMG_6284.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Tammy, your lamp likely dates to the 1940s. Because it's not 100 years old, it would be considered vintage, not antique. It is urn-shaped. Here is something similar from the same period.

Debora

s-l1000.jpg

Last edited: Apr 9, 2019
    kyratango likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi, can you please show us the signature too?? Thanks!!!

4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

5. TAMMY BOTZON

TAMMY BOTZON New Member

The signiture is the top photo

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I see "Korman." But not sure how much a signature would matter/add to value.

Debora

kyratango likes this.
  7. TAMMY BOTZON

TAMMY BOTZON New Member

Thanks Debra I changed the title!

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Shade original, Tammy?

Debora

9. Aquitaine

DUUUUUH.....just call me "signature challenged"......:jawdrop::jawdrop: Don't know what I was thinking:bag::bag:

kyratango likes this.
  10. Aquitaine

kyratango likes this.
  11. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  12. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

he's talking about the legs....and he's wrong......so to me the date is now suspect too...

kyratango likes this.
  13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"1903" is pretty precise. People forget (or don't know) that household electrification didn't even begin until the early 1900s and then it was in major U.S. cities only.

Debora

14. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

"Koi fish?" Ha! Ha! Ha!

Debora

15. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think that's an item number rather than a date. His other listings have numbers in the titles, but he's left off the # this time.

Draft saved Draft deleted