Featured HELP! with Vintage Bracelet? ❤️Maven

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Vintage Maven, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

My parents took me for lunch at a trendy market place today. My Mom wanted to look at some shops on her own, so me and Dad veered off In our own direction....we went into this antique shop there....

We looked at quite a few things, I spotted this off to the side. The person tending the shop today didn’t know much about it, there was not a description marked for it as of yet, only the price, that was reasonable. I bought this immediately, in secret as part of gifts for my Mom’s upcoming birthday...I knew I had to buy it. (My Mom’s actual antique jewelry collection is quite impressive, and extensive and dates as far back to turn of the century, and just before, as well as many 20th century pieces).

**This bracelet has no manufacturer or maker markings, only one that indicates it is 925 Silver. I am not certain of any any vintage, or if it’s a mass produced “cookie cutter“ design etc, but it caught my eye for a little gift.

Any help with era etc would be definitely most appreciated. I hope my quick rough pictures are of use.

B70AB404-656B-4B56-B322-259FFEE2406A.jpeg 0F8CD036-30F6-41A5-8365-6F49DC4096EF.jpeg 150A698A-1E36-48E0-A461-96F4C2C73F00.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

That is beautiful ! For no particular reason,I thought 1980s.

Christmasjoy, judy and Vintage Maven like this.
  3. Vintage Maven

Thank You @johnnycb09 I bought it much because I thought it was pretty, like my Mom. If it is 1980’s, I guess it falls closer to vintage, but that’s good too. ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Vintage Maven

@johnnycb09 I did a quick reference search, and yes, that style seems to be very predominant in the early 1980’s, perhaps it is not much older than me....I guess I too am now vintage at 34 lol. Thank you for your guidance, I most certainly appreciate it. ❤️Maven

5. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Photograph the inside on white plain background,it appears to have a lot of firescale which you shouldn't see from a good maker.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'm going to disagree with 1980s dating. To my eye, much later.

Debora

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  7. Vintage Maven

Hello @Hollyblue Something a little like this. Just a quick image, sorry, it hasn’t been cleaned as of yet.

1EFFF3DA-9885-4410-8D11-E3CD13AB49D3.jpeg

judy likes this.
  8. Vintage Maven

If it’s newer, maybe I’ll keep it for me, and look for another piece for Mom lol. ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy likes this.
  9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Newer isn't necessarily bad. (Although could be an excuse if you really, really want it for yourself!)

Debora

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  10. Vintage Maven

I was just kidding of course. @Debora very true, I bought it with a thought of Mom from me, that most certainly matters the most to me. I really don’t need it, I couldn’t use it anyway. Thank you Debora. ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Vintage Maven

My friend Carlos came by this evening and cleaned this silver bracelet up a little, I don’t have the stuff. He said for a home clean this is about it (photos by him). I kinda like the antique rustic effect left underlying, even if it’s not a true antique, it’s a cute, simple piece. It will actually bode well with the neck scarves I ordered for Mom as part of her gift. Thank you Antiquers for your advice, and help. I am grateful. ❤️Maven

9B11BBF1-44B6-4335-A4F5-E116FFEA20D0.jpeg 5DD41EEC-4903-4424-A71A-A1A98C76F8E6.jpeg

12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Very pretty, Maven!

The style/shape reminds me quite a bit of the spoon bracelets that were so popular in the late 1960's/early 1970's - without the stones, of course!

13. Vintage Maven

Thank you @SBSVC People have been very helpful on here with dating this pretty little bracelet, I am thankful. ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy, judy and SBSVC like this.
  14. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Maven, this is the type I was thinking of... I know it's not what yours is, but it's what yours reminds me of.

This one shown here is from Lunt, but many of the major sterling flatware makers made them. They were "the thing" to wear when I was in boarding school!

lunt spoon bracelet front.jpg
    lunt spoon bracelet back.jpg

15. Vintage Maven

Oh, that is nice. Yes, I can see the similarities in design, thanks for sharing @SBSVC ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy, judy and SBSVC like this.
  16. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Very pretty and wearable. I think your mum will love it.

17. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Very pretty Maven. Nice taste.

Christmasjoy, Vintage Maven and judy like this.
  18. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

It's pretty. The center stone is white labradorite, aka "rainbow moonstone". The use of that stone marks it as something made in the 21st century. It's a pretty bracelet, but not an oldie.

19. Vintage Maven

@evelyb30 Thank You for the information. I appreciate that very much. I guess it may not be an oldie, but it’s still a goodie. It will still most certainly be a gift to Mom from my heart. “Thank you to all for their very kind input”. ❤️Maven

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    KSW and Christmasjoy like this.
  20. Vintage Maven

@pearlsnblume Thank You, nice of you to say. I’m not really the jewelery girl/expert in the family though, I keep it pretty modest and basic. That is certainly more my Mother’s area. Over the years, I’ve never really owned much of it myself, very few rings, bracelets and chains. ❤️Maven

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
    pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted