Helping a friend-Four Sisters Dolls and Frabel Sculpture

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Jen and George, Aug 25, 2015.

1. Jen and George

Jen and George Well-Known Member

A friend of mine who lives in Livonia, Mi. inherited a quantity of expensive knick-knacks and decorations. She was recently widowed and is looking to clear this inherited collection out. Does anybody have any knowledge of places in the Livonia/Detroit area where she could sell these? Does anybody know where to find values for these types of things? This is just a sample of the things she has. Not the type of thing you would sell on Craigslist and she does not want to even try eBay.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Attached Files:

KingofThings and cxgirl like this.
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I have no idea on selling in your area - maybe check with auction houses.
    Does your friend know anyone that would sell them on ebay for her? They are collectable and worth some good money - it will depend on the figure as to the value. With Christmas approaching (only 4 months away) now is the time to get them on-line, folks love them for their displays.

3. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're too new for me to know much. Sorry. I agree that getting them out there ASAP would be a good idea.

4. Jen and George

Thanks for looking. I knew it was a long shot. Jen

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Do you have any local Christmas shops or little antique malls? I'd bet there's dealers out there would be keen. Or, any local fair you might take a table at?

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

Gee, some of The Four Sisters of Independence, MO, dolls go for good money! I'm not sure just how old these may be. According to an issue of "Doll Talk" from 1947, the Scrooge #51, Mother Cratchit #56, woman Girl Singer with the book #77S and the Horn Blower #77H figures were selling for $7.50 ea. Bob Cratchit with Tiny Tim #70 was selling for $12.50.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1947-Kimpor...S-/261972680287?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

--- Susan

7. Jen and George

I don't live near her so I don't know what is available locally. I do know she lives near Detroit and that there are many pricey suburbs near her. But, she moved from the Upper Peninsula to Livonia recently so am not sure how well she knows the area. These all came from Chicago originally. I will probably have to drive up there to help her.

8. Jen and George

I am certain they would sell for those prices! My how times have changed--although I imagine that was pricey in 1947.

9. amrlv911

amrlv911 New Member

KingofThings likes this.
  10. amrlv911

amrlv911 New Member

I was wondering if this collection is still available?

KingofThings likes this.
  11. Jen and George

I am out of town and don't have her phone number with me. When I get home in 10 days I will contact her to find out and let you know.

KingofThings likes this.
  12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Please always enlarge your photos for us. :)

13. amrlv911

amrlv911 New Member

Have you had a chance to check with your friend about the Carolers?

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Jen and George

I talked to her sister-in-law because I couldn't get hold of her. She has been away but should be home soon after the 4th and I will see then what she says.

KingofThings likes this.
  15. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

only 4 months away

6 months......& just the thought of that made me teary eyed...!!!:bigtears:

cxgirl likes this.
  16. Jen and George

Still haven't been able to get hold of my friend. We live in different states so I don't see her very often. Will keep trying.

KingofThings likes this.
  17. Pat brewster

Pat brewster New Member

I would love to buy them if they r still available!

Draft saved Draft deleted