Hen on nest

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Aljn, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Aljn

Aljn New Member

Looking for a small (miniature) yellow hen on nest. Have also heard the names "chicken on nest", "hen cup", ect...
    Anyways, I've been looking forever for one! My grandma had one when she was little and I'm just trying to surprise her FINALLY with one. Let me know if you have any leads! Thanks :)

Christmasjoy and KingofThings like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

3. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that one is really vaseline.

Welcome to the board.

KingofThings, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

Welcome. Hope you find the right chicken -- grandmothers are to be cherished. :)

6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I am know assaulted with green vaseline and now the blue vaseline and the white vaseline. It is just as bad with people saying the retired Fiesta from 1990s is old vintage Fiesta. Thank you for letting me vent.
    greg

KingofThings and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

8. Aquitaine

Hi and WELCOME, Aljn!!! Hope you find what you're looking for!!! Lots to check out on this site if you're into vintage and antiques, learning & discussing!!!! What color chicken are you looking for?????

9. clutteredcloset49

Yes
    Do you think it is?
    Probably need to see it with a light.

10. Aljn

Aljn New Member

Thanks for all the welcomes!!
    And thanks @bercrystal for the options however they're not quite what I'm looking for. [​IMG]
    This is basically it. Opaque yellow, no other colors on it, facing forward. Maybe I'm being too selective on it!

11. Aquitaine

@clutteredcloset49 & @bercrystal ....I have absolutely NO idea.....I do remember Mom having white ones around in a bunch of sizes at one time....I LOVE the swirly translucency (is that a WORD???) of that little pale yellow one!!! I'd never seen the darker colors!!

12. Aquitaine

@clutteredcloset49 .....or actually whoever would know best!!!! Does the "Buy It Now" mean that's the price you pay, plus shipping??? AND being new to PP....can you pay by sending to "friends & relatives" or does it have to be to businesses?????
    Thanks for help!!!

13. Aquitaine

14. Aquitaine

15. Aquitaine

And whoever said it about Pinterest.....you're absolutely right about them.....it's like they've opened up their site now!!!!! Nice, 'cuz it's a nice added source to Google!!!

16. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

KingofThings likes this.
  17. clutteredcloset49

Yes if you click Buy it Now, you are buying at the price asked plus what ever shipping.

They don't seem to have the Make Offer available, but you could always contact the seller and ask if they would take $20 and include the cost of shipping in the $20. Never hurts to ask. The worst they can do is say no.

Don't know what the "friends and family" is. If you pay by paypal, you will be required to ship to the address on file. The last few times I have bought anything I had the option of using my Visa card instead of Paypal.

18. Aquitaine

"Friends & Family" just means there are NO charges incurred with PP .....you're just paying for the item......but like I said....I'm still pretty new with it all!! Thanks tho!!

19. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

You will not be able to send them the money without them incurring Paypal fees. There is no charge to you for using Paypal to pay.

Aquitaine and KingofThings like this.
  20. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Recipient does not pay for money received via Friends and Family - but it also does not "mark" an item as paid, as there is no record that you paid.

For full buyer protection, you should only pay via the Pay Now function on eBay.

Aquitaine, judy and KingofThings like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted