Henredon Chairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Ravin35, Nov 6, 2020.

1. Ravin35

Ravin35 New Member

I am very new to all this but I found these chairs at good will. After getting them home and looking them up these is some with quite a high price tag similar to the ones I found, but I have yet to find any that look like these. I have 3 of the ones with no arms and one with the arms, any help would be greatly appreciated. chairs (1) (2).jpg chairs (1) (6).jpg chairs (1) (4).jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2020-11-7_0-16-47.jpeg upload_2020-11-7_0-17-11.jpeg upload_2020-11-7_0-17-27.jpeg

i don't see why these would be expensive..?

where are you.....and were those SOLD prices.....or just what someone was asking for them....

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You've a good eye. Quite handsome and undoubtedly well made. Look like part of a dining room table set. 1960s from the upholstery. Olive green and baby blue was a popular mod combination.

Debora

KikoBlueEyes and patd8643 like this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Expensive when new and sometimes bring a premium used. Really depends on whether or not your customer base recognizes the brand. Mine don't :(

anundverkaufen and David Kiehl like this.
  5. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

Agree wiith verybrad. Henredon is in the upper levels of American furniture and has no name recognition with lots of folks. We have a Henredon wing chair that is about the best made chair we have.

David Kiehl likes this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

You don't have a full set, but people are mixing and matching these days. Were you buying them for resale, or for yourself and just noticed the label??

The big Henredon sellers (and some sell for very good money) are anything sort of unusual or super traditional living room arm chairs --that kind of thing, so my gut is that this partial table set would not be in that high end category.

If you were buying them for your own use, I'd just go ahead and enjoy the quality.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted