Here is my latest Ruckl glass piece, 5 inch tall perfume bottle, with friends.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by toomanytocount, Aug 5, 2017.

1. toomanytocount

toomanytocount Boredom is a sin.

There is a previous thread about this, when I showed the auction image and shared the story of winning this piece at the last minute with one low bid. It is a vintage Czechoslovakia, 1925-35 era, bright satin glass piece, in the A. Ruckl canari (yellow) shimmy pfau decor.
    These are rare, and since there was no size given on the auction listing, it did not matter. I was still surprised to find it was a small 5 inches tall perfume bottle, not a taller grooming bottle for men, that a barber would use for instance.
    I have combined it with 2 more small Ruckl items, another red perfume bottle missing it's stopper, in a red peloton glass decor, and either a miniature vase or vanity bottle missing it's stopper, in a multi spatter decor, with the yellow as the prominent color.
    I think my new yellow bottle on the right, probably had a metal cap with a perfume atomiser attached to it. The small silver rim is an add on and not original.

508antiquersmisc 008.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

They look lovely together.
    I think you're right, I had a feeling the first time you showed it, that there was once something more substantial on there. But the small rim is an elegant solution.

3. toomanytocount

toomanytocount Boredom is a sin.

Thank you AJ, it did look off in proportion to me too, now it makes a lot more sense. I am including a Czech glass of the 1920-30 period, Museum Exhibit from 2012, with some pieces from the Ruckl family estate. You can see a few small perfume bottles here too.

tangoskloruckdisplay2.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted