Heywood Wakefield Writing Chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Ledine Watson, Jul 15, 2020.

1. Ledine Watson

Ledine Watson New Member

Hello everyone!
    I just purchased this cute writing/desk chair and wanted to know more about it. I can't seem to find anything like it online so I thought I'd ask here :) There is a metal plate on the back of the chair identifying it as Heywood-Wakefield, but that's all that I can find. Any input? Thank you!! Chair.jpg Chair2.jpg

Christmasjoy likes this.
  2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Usually a school-related design.

Christmasjoy, James Conrad and judy like this.
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Wouldnt that make a perfect little phone table ! if people still had land lines that is . :)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I still have one Johnny, and my son does too! Daughter too come to think of it.

James Conrad and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. Ledine Watson

Ledine Watson New Member

It sure is! I saw a similar design referred to as a "writing desk", but I just think 100% school time when I see this!

judy likes this.
  7. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Ditto, make that 2 of us. Uses cell phone much more but landlines are still kinda important.
    A week or so ago, new neighbor next door rang my doorbell, I opened the door to a FRANTIC father asking if I had a landline and could I call 911. His 2-year-old son passed out? went into a seizure? something went VERY wrong as he was unconscious. Cell phones were apparently not working, not connecting but my landline did! EMTs arrived, revived the kid and all was well.

Christmasjoy, judy and johnnycb09 like this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

In my entire family my mother is the only one who still has a landline. Oh,and my 80 year old aunt !

Christmasjoy, judy and James Conrad like this.
  9. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Whether it's true or not, I've heard it's best to still keep a landline.

I guess James can attest to that.

10. James Conrad

James Conrad Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are a bit old fashioned these days, you might say "antique" but, that father who rang my doorbell was happy beyond belief when the old reliable connected!

johnnycb09 and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I still have a landline. With the power going off so often it is a good thing to have. With Comcast there is no charge so it is cheap.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted