Featured Hi All ! Hope all's well ! Pink art glass (?) item I'm exploring...

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Tom Mackay, Jul 2, 2020.

1. Tom Mackay

Tom Mackay Well-Known Member

It's an ashtray. I was pointed to Miloslav Klinger as the designer or Czech glass in general but that hasn't helped (yet, at least). It has a diameter of 4 5/8" (11.8cm) and stands 2 3/8" high (6cm). That's all I know ! Suggestive to me of a UFO.
    20191206_132037.jpg 20191206_131550.jpg 20191206_131952.jpg 20191206_131707.jpg 20191206_131720.jpg

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Have you tried that under different lights?

Christmasjoy likes this.
  3. Tom Mackay

Actually I haven't looked at it under any artificial light. I have only ordinary household lights - incandescent, LED and 1 fluorescent.

4. Ownedbybear

Try it in daylight. I bet it's colour changing. I'd agree it may well be Czech.

5. Tom Mackay

No change in sunlight, although it looked nicer. Reflections from other coloured glass in the original photos may have been misleading. It isn't iridescent.

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I really like that, and the photos are great too.

7. Ownedbybear

Colour changing glass isn't irridescent. There's much colour changing glass from the Czech factories, some using neodymium for the effect, some usingother rare earths. I've an ashtray which is your colour in daylight and a purple in artificial.

8. Tom Mackay

No change under the lighting available to me. Too bad - it sounds interesting !

Ownedbybear likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted