Hi, does anyone recognize the markings on these Chinese vases please?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Martin RSPCA, Jun 15, 2017.

1. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Hi,

I have had some vases donated and wondered if anyone recognized the markings on them, I am not sure what age they have (if any) but they are really nice pieces. P1050402 (Medium).JPG P1050403 (Medium).JPG P1050404 (Medium).JPG P1050405 (Medium).JPG P1050406 (Medium).JPG P1050407 (Medium).JPG P1050408 (Medium).JPG P1050401 (Medium).JPG

2. Ladybranch

Ladybranch Well-Known Member

The first one (pic needs to be rotated 90% to the right) is marked with:

"93. Yongzheng Nian Zhi - "Yongzheng Period Make". Underglaze blue hand painted seal mark. Mid 20th century, high quality."

Scroll a good 3/4 of the way down the page of following link scroll to the section: "Yongzheng Nian Zhi (Yongzheng Period Make)." #93 is under that section.
    http://gotheborg.com/marks/20thcenturychina.shtml

The Chinese characters of the last one translate to Made in China. It dates probably from the later half to late 20th century.

I can't see the markings on the 2nd one good enough to even guess what they are, and I don't know the markings on the 3rd one.

--- Susan

Martin RSPCA likes this.
  3. khl889

khl889 Well-Known Member

The last one is actually just "China Jingdezhen."

That crystallized glaze wasn't produced in mass quantity till the late '80s - early '90s in Mainland China. As we repeat over and over again here, Chinese marks only rarely tell you anything useful. Better to spend your time on the object itself.

(And the first mark is literally "Yong Zheng - Imperial - Made." That is, the third character is 御 "imperial" not 年 "year." )

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe that should be a pop-up notice whenever anyone posts a thread on the pottery, glass, porcelain forum. I really hate to disappoint people, which usually happens when it comes to Chinese porcelain (and archaic style bronze).
    But I am very glad Martin didn't expect them to be old, thank you @Martin RSPCA, and they are very pretty just as they are.

Martin RSPCA and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted