Hi everyone. I need help to figure out what this is.

Discussion in 'Tribal Art' started by Cardon, Sep 19, 2017.

1. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

##01.JPG #02.JPG #03.JPG #04.JPG #06.jpg #07.JPG #08.JPG Sorry if I am in the wrong forum. I have had this guy now for about 7 years. Got him in an auction with other items. I am looking for any help to figure out what he is made from and perhaps when and by whom? Every so often I pull it off my shelf and try to find out about it with no advail. Also wondering what he is worth if I were to sell him. He stands 7 1/4" tall and the base is 6 1/4" around. And almost 1/2 pound in weight. Thanks in advance guys and gals for any help you can give me.

Moeller and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

cheap resin tourist souvenir , made to look like a cow horn.....$10..if someone's looking to make fun of Indians......otherwise $5 !

3. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

Yes; they were very popular a few years back....but not far enough back to make them anything other than "contemporary resin souvenir."

4. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

That's pretty grotesque, face doesn't even look N.A., looks like they copied face of some local TV news guy or something. This may increase in value from $5. To $11. or so if you keep it long enough, kinda like some of the stereotyped vintage black kitsch has done.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

None of us would be alive that long......our kids neither ! :vomit:

Christmasjoy likes this.
  6. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

Oh you guys are too cute. Thanks everyone for your help. I knew you could set me straight on this. And thanks for the laugh. I now look at it in a different light. Garage sale here it comes. Thanks.

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  7. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

8. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

I guess I should not put it in my will then....................

Christmasjoy, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted