Hi everyone, interesting situation I have gotten myself into...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Jason Mcfarland, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Hello everyone, hope to be apart of this community. I have recently taken over an Opera House in South Pittsburg Tn that was build 140 years ago and has been a time capsule for the past 30 to 50 years. It was an actual operational opera house with seating for a couple hundred and since has been a catch all for about everything you can think of. The first floor has been used as a music store for the past 25 years. I admittingly do not know that much about antiques but to hope to learn about what all is here. We just had the National Cornbread Festival here this past weekend and had thousands walk thru our doors. It was quite the weekend here.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2022
    Figtree3, George Chaney and Fid like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

welcome......

looks like a labor of luv !!

kyratango, Pat Dennis and Aquitaine like this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Wow ! Contents came with I assume ? You may be sitting on quite a haul ! The arcade games alone (I havent seen that bowling one since I was a kid) might be worth a buck or two.

4. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

That is quite a situation.
    Welcome!

kyratango, Pat Dennis and Aquitaine like this.
  5. Yes, I do not own it, just in charge of emptying it. Which is going to take a while. I find stuff hidden everyday.

WE have 2 of those bowling games, 4 jukeboxes, 2 coin pushers, 1928 barber chair, old nehi cooler, over 100k records, the biggest astropop popcorn machine, and honestly too much other to name.

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

OOOOOOH!!!! LET'S see that barber chair too!!!!!:happy::happy::hilarious::hilarious:

kyratango likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Somebody is going to pay for the building or close to it. I think you have a job on your hands, and job security for a while!

kyratango likes this.
  8. That would be nice lol. I will continue to upload pics if everyone is interested. I'm sure I could use everyone's help in this forum.

bluumz likes this.
  9. evelyb30

Uhmmmm, duh.(LOL) Junque addicts one and all on this platform. We wanna see!

kyratango and bluumz like this.
  10. Ok, here are some more of downstairs.
    Bowling 2.jpg Bowling 3.jpg Bowling 4.jpg Bowling 5.jpg Bowling Game.jpg Pot o Silver.jpg Rockola.jpg Gum Machine.jpg

Figtree3, stracci, Boland and 2 others like this.
  11. evelyb30

Dang you did find some trouble to get into!

12. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

What fun! Welcome.

13. Some more... 20220428_112548.jpg 20220428_112648.jpg 20220428_112628.jpg 20220428_112603.jpg 20220428_112557.jpg 20220428_112548.jpg Jack.jpg Jack.jpg

Figtree3, stracci and Boland like this.
  14. evelyb30

I"d want that popcorn thing if it was working and dispensing popcorn.(LOL) The vacuums do have collectors. I am not one of them!

15. Boland

Boland Well-Known Member

Figtree3 likes this.
  16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

the EIKI film projector for 16 mm should sell as well.
    the Selec 100 Seeburg jukebox when in fine fettle and stereo ( some were modified from mono) should do fine as well although "experts" sneer at them sometimes.

Figtree3 likes this.
  17. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

O... M... G!... Fun, fun, fun! Do you welcome squatters? :happy:;):smuggrin: How did you get the keys to junkers' paradise? :hilarious: Welcome to antiquers!

Figtree3 likes this.
  18. David Kiehl

David Kiehl Well-Known Member

Wow, lucky you!

Draft saved Draft deleted