Homes for barely vintage ephemera?

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Born2it, Jan 15, 2022.

1. Born2it

Born2it Well-Known Member

13731796-ADF1-4545-BDEE-27BF2D60E5CE.jpeg I’m hoping to find homes for some - well, actually, an awful lot of - barely vintage ephemera, and quite a bit of everything else. More interested in diverting from recycling/landfill than making money. Would be deeply grateful for pointers and/or referrals if anyone knows a person or forum for stuff from the late 1950’s to the 1970’s.

Among other things, there is a refrigerator box of newspapers/journals/magazines and clippings from same, plus probably flyers, collected by a music and movie buff.

My Mom told my Dad to get his collection down to one box when we moved in the mid 1970’s. :jawdrop::joyful::wideyed::woot:

Last edited: Jan 16, 2022
    judy and Figtree3 like this.
  2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

You could post some sample lots in the sell forum on this site and see if anyone is interested. If you have facebook, there are a number of groups for selling/buying ephemera.

judy, Aquitaine and Born2it like this.
  3. Born2it

Thanks! I’ve found this group so helpful and informative, I would love to see some members get goodies.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

There is a "Give Away" page here too, but there is shipping and postage to either share or deal with, whatever gets worked out, it's been kind of fun....not sure too much has been happening there lately though.....not for any reason.... maybe it's time!!!!!!!:happy::happy::happy::happy: Click "Forums" at the very top, then scroll all the way down to "Marketplace" at the bottom.....it's under that heading....if you want to check it out!!

judy, Figtree3, Born2it and 1 other person like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

judy and Born2it like this.
  6. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

Of COURSE I have interest. :D

I was minding my own beeswax until Born2it decided what to do with it. :)

7. Born2it

I appreciate @Bronwen for tagging you, and I appreciate you for your courtesy! If I can get through even a quarter of what is there, I should be able to find you something fun. Please let me know if there’s anything I should particularly look out for, or anything you have no interest in.

8. Bookahtoo

Thank you.

I am interested in all ephemera.

Please don't throw any of it away - you'd be surprised at what people collect. I am happy to help if you have questions, as are we all, I'm sure.

judy, pearlsnblume, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  9. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I hate it when people invite me to take a look at what they inherited to see if it is of value and when I get there I see a big burn pile out back. One couple burned an attic full of life magazines some dating back to the 30's. It is amazing what gets thrown out.

judy, pearlsnblume, JayBee and 2 others like this.
  10. Born2it

Ooops! Realized I had posted one of those annoying thumbnails!

Thanks everyone. I know some stuff will, sadly, be too damaged to save, but I will try to save everything I can. That’s what my family does… which is why we’re in such a fix now. Money is great, but we’d rather find good homes for everything than hold out for money and end up being forced by time constraints to throw stuff away.

11. Bookahtoo

Okay - I'm rubbing my hands together - let's see some photos - don't worry too much about grouping like items - a rough sort will do.

:hungry::):):)

12. Born2it

I will be back in NY before the end of the month. I promise you lots of pictures. I tried getting some stills from video but they are frustratingly low resolution.

98F6266F-4D15-4712-98C4-C95CB89625F8.jpeg 4F26E854-D40E-4CD7-A550-6AF1AA1F605D.jpeg
    E59B3872-D1C0-41C9-BC5E-C73E3CE8E8A0.jpeg
    EEC024C0-B916-4E65-9C87-1313F0224DEF.jpeg
    3FEBC76B-2F46-4FAE-9EA9-3FC36C5DE66E.jpeg

Sadly, (unlike the 10+ boxes of newer books in the picture above) a lot of the older books are in very bad condition.

And the basement - !
    6CC329D4-A941-42F4-994B-059D06DB85C4.jpeg

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  13. Aquitaine

HOO BOY....JUST A MUST to KEEP FOLLOWING THIS!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:

pearlsnblume, judy and Born2it like this.
  14. Bookahtoo

There's lots of stuff there - that's for sure!

pearlsnblume, judy and Born2it like this.
  15. Lark

Lark Well-Known Member

I bet there are some real gems in there somewhere.

judy, pearlsnblume and Born2it like this.
  16. Bookahtoo

Is that a shelf of Popular Mechanics I see?

judy likes this.
  17. Born2it

I’m pretty sure it isn’t. Sorry! Also I feel obliged to say we’re keeping the “That’s 50 years folks!” Bugs Bunny standup I procured for my Dad’s 50th birthday party.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  18. Born2it

That’s precisely my concern. I’m haunted by the possibility that there could be *anything* in that house. Most of the stuff is either from 1960-1990, or 1910-1940, but my great grandfather on one side was a bit of a pack rat with a wood shop in the basement of his house in York PA, and my grandfather on the other side was in charge of the auction of seized goods in Greenwich CT in the’30’s and’40’s.

judy likes this.
  19. Aquitaine

Just take it a day at a time when you get back, try NOT to get overwhelmed, take & post lots of pictures, and BREATHE!!!! You'll get through it!!!! Try to tackle it with some logical planning too!! :happy::happy::happy::):)

20. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

Interested too (potentially)... :happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted