Hook Poster Signed by Robin Williams Dustin Hoffman and Steven Spielberg

Discussion in 'Art' started by APainter, Aug 21, 2019.

1. APainter

APainter New Member

Hi,
    I have this poster in my collection and am inquiring your opinions . IMG_5287.JPG IMG_1813.JPG IMG_3201.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Do you have any documentation about when and where the signatures were done?

Authenticating signatures is a very specialized field and cannot be done from pictures or via the internet.

judy, 2manybooks, reader and 3 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

those , while not antique siggys...are indeed 3 big hitters !!

If you can get them authenticated.....and have a back story as to where and when they signed it.......there should be some value there !!

judy, i need help and Christmasjoy like this.
  4. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

Not to be a wet blanket, but have you checked those signatures w/ a loupe?

Reprinted autographed movie memorabilia is not uncommon.

If they are real you should be able to establish when and where they were signed by the ink colors used (and more than likely signature placement)

Just scour the net for “signed Hook poster” until you find one w/ similar characteristics and a backstory.

Autographs are one of the more fickle commodities, but you have 3 very well loved personalities on one official movie poster so I would imagine there would little trouble finding a buyer.

5. komokwa

the 1st two are black marker....signed at the same time...
    dustin used his own pen....one that writes in gold color...

judy, reader and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. jsnggltt

jsnggltt Well-Known Member

It was almost certainly signed by all three of them at a single event (a pre-screening or release party) and if they signed one that night they likely signed a dozen. Painter should be able to narrow down when/where they signed it.

judy, komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  7. loobert12

loobert12 New Member

APainter I’ve sent you a message to your inbox in regards to your poster Thanks

judy likes this.
  8. komokwa

If you're looking to buy it....that's the way to go !! :happy::happy::happy:

If you have some interesting information about it......we'd all be interested ! ;):woot:

judy likes this.
  9. TOCFILMER

TOCFILMER New Member

judy likes this.
  10. komokwa

Good luck...he hasn't been seen here in over a year......& Loobert sent him a message on 9 / 11 2019..........& WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN....:vamp::vamp::wideyed::wideyed::greyalien::greyalien::dead:

lower left you'll find the posted date..

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted