Hopalong Cassidy Bedroom Set - Late 40's?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Walleye5, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Walleye5

Walleye5 New Member

I'm totally new to this, so any help is appreciated. I recently inherited a 6 piece Hopalong Cassidy bedroom set. It includes Bunk Beds w/sign rail, Dresser, Desk, Night Stand, Wall Mirror and Changing Stool. I believe it's from the Late 1940's or early 1950's.

The furniture was my father's when he was a child and has never been refinished, totally functional and in fair condition.

Not sure where to even start with finding the right audience for this kind of item. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Blair

Attached Files:

Firemandk and Ghopper1924 like this.
  2. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

I don't have answers to your questions, but I think it's pretty cool.

3. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

I'd say 1950s. Looks like you've got some condition issues. I'd think a platform like Craig's List would be best if you're trying to sell the set. Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.57.58 AM.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Considering it's never been refinished and been used, I think it's in pretty fair condition!! JMHO!! Lordy, how many hours did we spend watching 'Hopalong'!!!!!????

Resized Set Pic.jpg

Firemandk likes this.
  5. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

milestoneks and NewEngland like this.
  6. smallaxe

smallaxe Well-Known Member

If selling locally, location would probably have a big effect on interest. Texas, Idaho, Wyoming, Montana probably better than New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Florida, etc.

7. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I agree wouldn't resonate with kids, but sometimes artsy parent's get caught up things (who cares about the kids!) and these are very vintage-y and unusual. Speaking a bit from personal experience, years back I decorated my young daughter's room with one of a kind vintage furniture and finds.

If the bunk beds are really sturdy, made to last like some older furniture often was, I would think there is value even there. You'd have to find the right buyer of course, and location will play a roll. I would think near a metropolitan area might be helpful. Someone would probably love to have these.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    Firemandk likes this.
  8. Walleye5

Walleye5 New Member

Thanks to everyone for your help. I know that this generation is leaving us, but I figure there's someone out there that will appreciate it.

Blair

Firemandk likes this.
  9. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Those Roy Rogers cowboy bedspreads would sell easily.

Draft saved Draft deleted