Hope this is the right spot to ask about a Ty Cobb card

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by gauntlettgems, Nov 30, 2022.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

4AC0850B-013D-4A28-9C37-B7E1F17ACA39.jpeg B95EB2B9-14B8-4C1A-8253-4F958CE7B872.jpeg 2569631E-C584-497A-8936-9DDA96854B78.jpeg
    Hello,
    I only know that these were copied and faked a lot. I can’t read anything on the envelope that it came in other than it’s a 1909 E95 Ty Cobb. The print seems to be dot matrix and I was unsure if that would be correct for the year. This certainly looks like it’s got some age to it but I know that can be produced as well

Any help is very much appreciated

stracci and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

great ref Roaring

gauntlettgems and Roaring20s like this.
  4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

gauntlettgems and Roaring20s like this.
  5. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Reprint it is! I kinda figured but wanted to be sure. Ty so much for the help

Figtree3 likes this.
  6. BaseballGames

BaseballGames Well-Known Member

Hi Fig, thanks for the referral!

Gaunttlett, we figure that by now you've already got all the info you need, but yes, our initial suspicion was "reprint," which the mechanical print pattern would confirm. The link Roaring20s provided is an excellent source for info on vintage sports cards, as is https://www.net54baseball.com/forumdisplay.php?f=2 .

Your repro card is a cute keepsake, but if it were an authentic original, the real deal would have a market value probably well into the five-figure range.

Figtree3 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted