Hoping someone can tell me more?

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Scarlett_SS, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Scarlett_SS

Scarlett_SS New Member

Hello Antiquers community!

I have been browsing as a guest for a while and finally got around to signing up.

I have attached a couple of photos showing. Zsolnay Pecs vase that was gifted to me a couple of years ago as part of a job lot of items from an entire-house sale. The previous owner was an artist, she passed away with no relatives and so left many beautiful and curious items.

The vase is cream, with painted birds, fauna and bees. The artist has outlined all of the predominant features in gold.

I believe I'm correct in thinking that it's Hungarian and was made c.1873-1882 (stamp on base #437) there is also an indented '2' but I don't know what this means (can anyone help). Is there any significance!?
    Really, I'd just love to know what it is that I have here, no level of detail is too small. Even if it is just a pretty vase, I'm happy to hear it.
    The vase is approximately 45cm - 50cm in height (I don't if this helps)
    Thanks in advance for your input!

Attached Files:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Scarlett! :)
    You’d be better off to leave this as your introduction and start a new thread in Glass, Pottery, and porcelain Forum. That way people with knowledge of your item will see it. Check box for Full Size Images when you do . :)

Christmasjoy, Figtree3 and komokwa like this.
  3. Scarlett_SS

Scarlett_SS New Member

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  5. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

Glad you're here, Scarlett SS!

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

WELCOME Scarlett !!! ... Joy. :)

i need help likes this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

greetings