Featured Hospital Photograph

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 5, 2019.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

DB81E716-33F1-4CDB-9AD9-BB923F9F0225.jpeg 4F977A14-4D4C-4BE9-A3C5-45B7C7EAC6A9.jpeg 8EB905DC-6D19-4D60-9CCD-341B87DA591B.jpeg Not sure if original photo or print. Do people collect such things?

2. Kronos

Kronos Well-Known Member

http://pages.jh.edu/jhumag/0209web/archives.html

No way to tell the age or if it's a photo or print from what you've provided.

I'm sure someone would be interested, a Doctor/Surgeon perhaps. Don't see it having a huge amount of value though.

judy and Figtree3 like this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Impossible to tell what you have from photographs but more likely it's a reprint.

Debora

Figtree3 likes this.
  4. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

5. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

In the first photo above, note the man in the suit sitting on the stairs - above the others. He looks a bit distressed to me. This is what would give this photo some value to me - the touch of normal human feeling amid all the professional interest and activity.

judy and Mill Cove Treasures like this.
  6. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

BE9F81F8-6754-4F63-ADFB-990D32106389.jpeg And this one looks like sleeping.

7. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Yes! I was talking about the one in the gray suit. But he could be sleeping as well, and not really distressed at all.

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  8. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

It's prostate surgery, so I expect there's a lot of wincing going on.

9. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

He is most likely reacting to the area where the surgery is being performed, if you catch my drift. ;):eek::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I use to tell all of the med students, interns or any other observers, whatever you do, try not to lock your knees. If you feel woozy back up to the wall & slide down to the floor. If you fall over contaminating the back table or the surgical field I will likely kill you so you do not have to worry about being embarassed. ;):p:p:D:D:D:D

pearlsnblume, kyratango, judy and 5 others like this.
  10. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Also, note the very dirty floor! The lower wall looks like marble but also looks dirty near the floor.

11. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

Yes, that what it seemed to me at first. That is a really funny warning you gave your students! You are a doctor, then! I am so impressed!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
  12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@Jaena comment reflected my general feelings: i.e., that it doesn't look like a very sterile field!!!!!

judy and Jaena like this.
  13. bercrystal

Not a doctor. I was a OR nurse for 17 years. The circulating nurse is the one who basically is in charge of the room. It is their responsibility to make sure that everything that is needed for that particular surgery is readily available; to make sure the patient is safely positioned to prevent any type of injury; to ensure the integrity of the sterile field; & to supervise the personel in the room. Ispent 12 of those 17 years in a large teaching hospital so I saw lots of med students, interns & residents in my time there.

14. bercrystal

Not to mention the lack of surgical garb literally withing inches of the surgical area & the supposedly sterile back table.

Aquitaine, judy, SBSVC and 1 other person like this.
  15. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

I am still SO impressed! You had a tremendous responsibility that probably goes not well enough acknowledged by the general public, but surely is within the medical field. I bet you have some VERY interesting stories!

kyratango, Aquitaine and judy like this.
  16. bercrystal

Thank you!!

The next time you have surgery & a nurse comes up tou you in the pre-operative area, introduces themselves as the "nurse taking care of you during surgery" you will now know a little bit more of what they mean.

It was always good to have good capable people on the team because it took some of the stress out of the job. I was extremely lucky in that I got to work with some wonderfully talented scrub techs who were so good at their job that I did not have to worry because they always had everything they needed & kept a meticulous back table.

Aquitaine, Jaena, judy and 3 others like this.
  17. Jaena

Jaena Well-Known Member

bercrystal, I am glad you had a great team to work with! I am still laughing about how you used to warn the med students and observers about getting queasy! :joyful::joyful::joyful:

18. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

He's on his phone checking FaceBook

19. taipan2

taipan2 Member

to tell if they are original photos or a printed item use a 10x magnifier or loupe and check to see if any dot pattern is present in the photo.. If you don't see a dot pattern then they are original photos.

i need help likes this.
  20. karen murphy

karen murphy New Member

I'm still new here but I have to say I'm thoroughly enjoying the conversations as much as the items posted!!!! Also I think the blank photo suits me, especially with "no mood" which should probably be amended to "in no mood."

BoudiccaJones likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted