House Clearing during COVID-19

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by VintageByNature, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Hi folks,

New here. My parents were into antique and collectables for a long time. Now they are reunited on the other side ... anyway, I'm continuing with the family tradition in a somewhat modernized format, by joining up here for starters :)

First things first, I'm focusing on smaller pieces for my own continuation - and we have some larger items that are to be sold, with proceeds shared among the family and towards other moving/clearance costs etc. What I'd like to do is post some of these items and get information and discuss them - whether we in fact keep or sell them etc. I will share photos of items in my upcoming posts and look forwards to all your helpful input!

Many thanks and glad to be here ... :cat: in fact it even seems like a better option than having some unknown valuer / dealer come around ... :chicken:

2. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, and condolences on your loss.

A lot knowledgeable and personable people here to help out.

3. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

Welcome. Sorry to hear about your parents.

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about your parents, but welcome aboard and ... bring on the "stuff"!

5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the board.

If you are asking about several similar pieces. You can group them into one question. Five items would be reasonable. Putting a number next to each item gives us something to reference when we respond.

sabre123 and i need help like this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Greetings, VintageByNature!

sabre123 and i need help like this.
  8. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Welcome!! :cat:

i need help likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Vintage, and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS. So sorry for your loss. On the other hand, happy to have you aboard here!

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sorry for your loss.....
    really sorry for the timing....
    selling larger items now is fraught with difficulties...

11. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

Sorry for your loss and welcome to the forums! With Coronavirus and the looming economic depression ahead right now is an interesting time to be testing the market. Economic realities have not quite set in for many who are still spending according to the local eBay sellers I know.

12. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

13. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

So sorry about the circumstances but... welcome. Lots of knowledgable people here. You're sure to get the assistance you need.

Debora

VintageByNature likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted