How a fork is made

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Hollyblue, Sep 10, 2021.

1. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Nice - and foot operated hydraulic presses with no safety guards from the looks - but they have all their fingers still.

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

No hearing or eye protection either. They're probably sitting there wondering, "Why can't they just use chopsticks like normal people."

It's my understanding that back in the day a Masterpiece was an item produced by a journeyman to gain master status in a guild. For a silversmith the item might be something as simple as a fork or spoon that had to be produced to a certain standard within a fixed time.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
    pearlsnblume and Rayo56 like this.
  4. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Well at least the ones working there during that video do - LOL!!!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

Back in the early 90's a business I worked for was setting up a facility in China. Inspecting the factory with the local party rep there was some safety equip missing from one of the machines. We pointed it out and the rep said don't worry - we asked what if a worker loses their arm - he said we will get you another - we said what about the costs/lawsuits if this happens - rep said if he damages the machine losing his arm you can charge him for any damage. Different world.