Featured How old is this bed?

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Lorrie C, Nov 20, 2017.

1. Lorrie C

Lorrie C New Member

Just moved into an older house and am starting to gather older furniture ...because I just LOVE it! Ran across this at a second hand furniture store and they only wanted $100 for it. Any info on age and worth would be appreciated. It's 3/4 sized.

Attached Files:

Christmasjoy, judy and KingofThings like this.
  2. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Turn of the century iron bed. Antiques not much in fashion now and the 3/4 size keeps value down. Think it is worth about what you paid for it. Probably could buy it cheaper at auction and might see it more expensive in a fancy shop.

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I like it....and looks like someone kept it out of the rain!! The 3/4 size is great if you have a single guest or just that not too big spare room for a bed!!! Big question.... do you plan to paint it or what??? Could have some fun with it!!!!:happy::happy::)

Edit: Not sure....you might have to special order the 3/4 size box spring and mattress.....but that shouldn't be a big deal!!!

4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Welcome! :)
    Please always do this for all your photos always. :)
    -
    524C13B2-513D-4933-9EB6-47FE6E7D9F38.jpeg

5. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

You can now order little attachments to make these standard size and save a bunch on box springs and mattress.
    Patd

6. Lorrie C

Lorrie C New Member

Thank you for the info! I love the finish on it, looks like it has never been touched and I plan on leaving it as is. The rails can be connected upside down and I have the brackets to extend it to fit a full size bedset.

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted