How old or new is this cordial set, Is it Italian?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Nancy Neal, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Nancy Neal

Nancy Neal Well-Known Member

after days of internet searching I am more confused, I think it is Italian, ?Murano, when I search vintage, everything that pops up has these or similar flower decorations, It is perfect no paint loss or chips, dont know what these shadows are on inside of cordial decanter, the price difference is quite a bit between vintage and modern and as I will be trying to sell I really would appreciate any opinions Thank you all carafe.jpg carafe.jpg carafec.jpg carafe cups.jpg IMG_4354cupbtm2.jpg cuplabel.jpg

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

07AD14FE-2462-4654-B126-D304E83F87BA.jpeg 8D6CE685-5573-4259-80C5-61F235DB7349.jpeg
    Have a look for vintage Czech/Bohemian glass liqueur sets, not sure if yours is for that but the style looks very similar.

Christmasjoy, Nancy Neal and judy like this.
  3. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I may be way off base. But when we traveled in the 1970's I thought we picked up a similar looking set.

Edited to add, we were traveling in Italy.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018
    judy likes this.
  4. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I see these and similar other pieces labeled online as both Italian and/or Czech - have no idea how to tell the difference.

judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Add Japanese to the Italian and Czech. I have seen all three. Mostly I remember the Italian ones living in Brooklyn for so many years.
    greg

judy, pearlsnblume and aaroncab like this.
  6. Nancy Neal

found some glasses identical to mine, says it is Bohemian, so fir now Czech it is,though that label looks like made in I. ?? Italy, and yes Greg s glass Japanese also crossed my mind, thank you all so much,

judy likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

8. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Link?

judy and i need help like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

The only way to be certain is to have one with its label. The Czech and Italian ones are almost identical - and both are still made.

10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

585397EA-27AE-4B9B-81A2-2F6B8D4D3520.jpeg
    Looks pretty close?

dgbjwc, Jivvy and SBSVC like this.
  11. Nancy Neal

thank you all Yes that label is pretty much the same so now it is Italian, wish it another color other than amber, but oh well, another project for next year, again thank you all.

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted