How to describe the glazing on my Sitzendorf girl.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

She looks like bisque on the arm, legs and rear, shiny glazed dress and matt head and shoulders. She hasn't had a wash yet so please forgive the grubby look. How would you describe her?
    Data 37.5cm High 22cm Wide 2.6Kg circa 1902-18
    PICT0005s.jpg PICT0006s.jpg PICT0007s.jpg PICT0008s.jpg

Christmasjoy and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I think she is older than Shirley Temple.;)
    Love the subject, I always danced as a little girl.:happy: Joined a semi-professional dance group later on, and kept performing until my brain refused to remember choreographies. In my heart I am still a dancer though.

4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

You're probably correct in time period, but the first thing I thought of was ST because of the pleated dress she wore.

I love to dance myself. I used to go every Sunday night and dance cha cha, waltz, and good old rocknroll!

Covid has changed all that!

5. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Sorry ladies but this girl was at least a teenager before Shirley turned up.:D

6. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely, that is why I said she is older.;)

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

I would describe her as bisque porcelain with a lovely hand applied spray finish on the front.

pearlsnblume, dgbjwc and Christmasjoy like this.
  8. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Apropos of nothing,but my dear grandmother had a white pleated skirt when I was very young and it used to fascinate me to watch her ironing it (not that I havent always hated ironing) and I used to love when she wore it because of the way it swirled . :)

9. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Oh I see we have some hoofers here who like to dance.
    Ballet when I was very young than came good ole disco and rock n roll.

judy, antidiem and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted