How to sell large chalkware collection

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Doug Thomas, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Doug Thomas

Doug Thomas Member

Hi! My fiancé and Myself inherited a rather large chalkware collection and would like some advice on selling it. The photo is only a few, dozens and dozens more stored away, maybe hundreds.
    Thanks!
    upload_2018-10-28_12-47-46.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
    i need help likes this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Welcome to our forum Doug!! :happy::happy:

You may want search the sold listings on eBay for any pieces that are highly desireable. You could also search Etsy, but I do not think they give you the sold prices & sometimes sellers asking prices are very misleading.

This is just a quick search of chalkware in general on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=chalkware+&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&LH_Complete=1&_sop=16

You can put in refinements such as dogs, cats, pigs, etc.

You may find that most of the pieces hold little value, but you never know there may be a gem hiding among the commoners. ;):D

In the end if you have no interest in listing the pieces either individually or in lots on-line your only other options are a local auction house or donating to a local nonprofit thrift shop.

If you find something you are not real sure of please do not hesitate to come back & ask about the piece.

Good luck!! :happy::happy:

Diggummup, i need help, judy and 2 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

One suggestion....list them on eBay starting at 99 cents ...and let the chips fall where they may.
    Another....Show us lots of 5 at a time and we can pick out any that have a level of value wherein an auction house would consider taking them in.

i need help and judy like this.
  4. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Doug~

i need help likes this.
  5. Doug Thomas

Doug Thomas Member

Thanks

6. Doug Thomas

Doug Thomas Member

Thanks- I’ll do thst

7. Doug Thomas

Doug Thomas Member

Thanks for the advice!

8. Diggummup

Diggummup Well-Known Member

If these were my items, I would do my own research and due diligence and make sure there are no diamonds mixed in the lot, first and foremost. Anything that I felt was worthy of selling online I would. Everything else I would probably list it on Craigslist in lots, sell locally at a sale or flea, or have my own garage/yard sale.

i need help likes this.
  9. AuDragon

AuDragon Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Doug.

i need help likes this.
  10. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Welcome to the Forum, Doug! :)
    Some advertising ones might have a collector value, above others, if you have any.

11. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

I love chalkware!!!

Chalkware string holders are desirable, as are busts by people like Ether Hunt.

Actually, a lot of chalkware sells really well - like komo says, show them to us - we'd love to see them and perhaps we can help you figure out which are the "best" ones.

komokwa and i need help like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted