How to ship needlepoint canvas not in package?

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by pearlsnblume, Jul 16, 2019.

1. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Hi all
    I found an interesting needlepoint canvas (not worked or done at all). No needles, no thread, no floss, no plastic pkg, just the canvas

It could be for a pillow or maybe framed when done.
    It may be hand painted or not.This is not my area. I don't have any pics.

How to ship it? Can I fold it up and ship it in a bubble mailer? I found it folded at the sale.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

You don't state size, but how about rolling it? Paper towels, wrapping paper, etc. Then bubble wrap, then cardboard. :)

3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

If it's your average crafter needlepoint canvas, I wouldn't hesitate to ship "gently" folded in a bubble mailer.

If it's a higher end canvas, I would recommend an envelope sturdier than your average bubble mailer (just because of postal machines and their tendency to tear the low end mailers).

Most canvases are sturdy enough to be undamaged by gentle folding (I wouldn't recommend storing folded). However, due to the nature of complainers, I would mention that you're shipping folded.

Figtree3 and pearlsnblume like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Excellent advice. And, in my experience, needlepoint canvas' can be gently ironed. (If Jivvy disagrees, hope she tells us so.)

Debora

5. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

Never had occasion to iron one, so not a clue. :bucktooth:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  6. pearlsnblume

Thanks everyone. It is about 18 x 15 inches and that includes the blank edges part.

:)

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Given size, I'd wrap generously in tissue, fold (once) and send in padded envelope. Easiest/cheapest option. JMO.

Debora

Jivvy and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

Thanks Debora. I appreciate your advice. That is the way I will go once I can actually do more research as to how to price it.

9. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Why don't you post a photograph here? Sure to find help with description, etc.

Debora

pearlsnblume and Jivvy like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

I haven't taken any pics of it at all yet as I just got it. If I can get a decent pic, I will do so. :)

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

roll it.....but at that size flat is ok too...

pearlsnblume likes this.
  12. 2manybooks

2manybooks Well-Known Member

How about rolled in a tube mailer?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  13. pearlsnblume

Yes, I was thinking of a tube mailer, but then I would have to buy one since I have none here. All great suggestions thank you all.

judy and 2manybooks like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted