Featured Hydraulic Sheetmetal Press Brake

Discussion in 'Tools' started by springfld.arsenal, Sep 1, 2018.

1. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

When I was paying for an engine lathe I bought recently, the owner pointed “Over there’s another item we’d sell, that hydraulic press brake” and quoted another WAY low price. So I agreed to buy that one also, realizing it wouldn’t cost significantly more to have my rigger pick that up when he picks up the lathe. The factory these are in has gummint contracts and forbids cameras, cell phones, etc. so I have no photos but the lathe photo they sent me, so the brake manufacturer’s brochure will have to do. The thing bends sheet metal, I think up to 14 gauge steel up to 6 feet wide, but I haven’t digested all the specs yet. A couple of sets of 6’ long steel dies came with it, and those alone are worth the price they asked.

https://www.kempler.com/sites/default/files/manufacturer/docs/catalog/Di-Acro Hydraulic Press Brakes - 25 & 25 Ton Ram Adjusted, 6 & 8 Foot Bed.pdf

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    judy, Christmasjoy, Bronwen and 4 others like this.
  2. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

Fantastic! Can't imagine trying to do without mine!

Morning, Spring! :)

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

HOLY PATOOTIE..........don't make a mistake and slip your hand in there or your wrist will have an awful kink in it:stop::stop::stop::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::hilarious:

judy, Christmasjoy, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

your rigger must luv you.....!!

judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

A gent who has to drive a few hours to my area is always the best and least expensive. Recently I bought some machines that had to be moved by riggers and my regular guy was tied up, so I had to use a company in NJ that I didn’t know. This was a week or so ago and only today when I was cleaning up the 7200 lb. milling machine did I notice that the table feed handcrank handle was broken off! Well these things happen and not worth making a claim, better to just suck it up and work on fixing it. I have spare handles (see one on end of the long crank on right.). Only challenge will be to remove the snapped-off stub of the old handle. I’ll start by asking on a machinist’s forum, how the small diameter threaded part of the handle was installed “permanently” by Cincinnati Milling Machine Company. That’ll govern whether and how removed; worst case is I have to drill it out with a special drill, drill it oversize, and thread it. Tip: if you ever have to drill something that’s too hard for your normal “Home Depot” drill bits, get a masonry drill bit, they have tungsten carbide tips and aren’t meant for metal, but will usually do the job.

FC6C754B-20A3-47D5-B86C-5593148CC5C2.jpeg

judy and komokwa like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I've never had a move where sumpthin didn't go missing , break, get damaged , or chip or crack...:oops:

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted