Featured I am ready just in case I am ever invited to a formal event at the palace!!!

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by bercrystal, Feb 15, 2020.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This is a real stunner in person!! ;) :p:p :happy::happy:

I can't find any marks on this piece, but I was thinking maybe 1960's.

It 6 1/8" tall in the front & 6 1/4" across from side to side. It is obviously adjustable from 5 3/4" to about 8".

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all opinions or advice!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Would be great for a party, for the guest of honor! :)

3. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

I'd like to wear it around the house :):):) .. I don't know why .. just do !!!... Joy. :)

4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Wow, that would make a statement at a party!

5. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Belle of the Ball!:cat:

6. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Peggy, Queen of the Perfume Bottles.

7. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

I like your Dala horse avatar!. I've got one like that I won years ago :)

8. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Thank you!

I have a collection of at least 35.......started from my own family as a child. Those are just the wooden ones....I have many other items.....pot holders, tiles, clothing......etc.

I have an embroidery machine. I just downloaded a design I plan to put on a piece of clothing in the near future.

My phone just died, so I took a screen shot

upload_2020-2-16_7-48-50.png

9. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That's wonderful. Please show us the finished article!

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

I shall....not sure when that would be, as I'm working on embroidering some birthday gifts.

As luck would have it, my phone just died. It was working last night.

However, on the good side of luck, one my granddaughters just bought a new Iphone and has given me her old one. I guess I'll be going to Verizon later today to activate it. That was not in my day's plan.

11. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this one in a box of costume jewelry that had belonged to my mom, but I don't know if it was for a child or a doll - the head band is only 3" across!

CLOTHES TIARA 1AA.JPG CLOTHES TIARA 2AA.JPG

12. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This post had me chuckling. My SIL wore a tiara like this when she delivering her three sons. Her theory was the the nurses had trouble remembering names. There is no way any one could forget her. The nurses still remember her as the Princess.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Maybe it’s a bracelet?

Christmasjoy, Bronwen and judy like this.
  14. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

LOVE this!

15. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

Ohhh! A pageant crown! Pretty!

16. bercrystal

Thanks to everyone!!! :happy::happy::happy: :kiss::kiss:

I knew as soon as I saw this in the cart at the GW that it was going to come home with me that day & I snatched it off the shelf seconds after the worker had placed it there. :smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

kyratango, KSW, Christmasjoy and 4 others like this.
  17. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

Oooooh! Now, if I can find my coronet, we can be stylin' when you come to tea! Though you bein' the princess outranks me with a lowly earldom, but we can still schmooze about the hoi polli.....................

and I promise that we will both wake up from that fantasy before we call for the Rolls to take to you home.......................

kyratango, KSW, judy and 7 others like this.
  18. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

The little one might be ala Audrey Hepburn:
    z-hepburn.jpg

kyratango, KSW, judy and 7 others like this.
  19. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Guessing from a adult sized costume, agree vintage, was thinking 70s plus or minus something for Halloween, theater, rodeo, etc. It seems to be a bit better made than new Chinese stuff, I think the tallness of it suggests maybe a special purpose. If you search "vintage Tiara" you will see a number of different ones out there, and would think it would be a great Ebay item if you ever decide to abdicate...

No idea what Journey's is. At 3" across, with that hardware going though the center, without seeing pictures of the mechanism in the back, no idea. Possibly something for the hair?

kyratango, judy, Christmasjoy and 4 others like this.
  20. bercrystal

@Mansons2005 - Now all I have to do is find something in my closet that will be appropriate. ;) :p:p :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Sadly my rhinestone studded blue jeans are in the laundry & that is the closest thing to formal that I own. :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::bag:

@moreotherstuff - It does look like her hair could have been pulled through the opening & then arranged. :happy::happy:

@Lucille.b - It definitely is well made & very sturdy. As you can see the rhinestones are totally back with a metal. This thing weighs almost a half pound all by itself. :jawdrop:

I just tried it on & I doubt that I would be able to keep the thing on for any length of time because of the weight. :p:p

kyratango, KSW, judy and 4 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted