I am selling...

Discussion in 'Sell' started by Dukewright, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

I am going to be selling some really cool antiques and some absolute junk, from my mother-in-law's collection, for the next few weeks. A couple of pieces I've posted about but there is more... much more. If you want to watch me on eBay my user name is "raytwomey". Or if you want I can give you an overview of whatever you might be interested in. Here are some photographs to give you an idea.
    ~

IMG_2213.JPG
    IMG_2443.JPG
    IMG_2457.JPG
    IMG_2444.JPG
    IMG_2449.JPG

2. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

3. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

4. Bookahtoo

Bookahtoo Moderator Moderator

You have some nice things there. Good luck!

Pat P, Any Jewelry, kyratango and 6 others like this.
  5. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Nice photos and nice items

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Very nice items Dukewright, love the bisque baby doll and the VERY cute stuffed animal :), Joy.

7. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Is the stuffed cat toy a Stieff tabby or Susi cat from the 60s?
    I can't see all of it on your photos but can see a few stripes.
    Worth checking out.

KingofThings likes this.
  8. Dukewright

Dukewright Member

It sold. It was a Susi, large fully jointed Steiff. Also sold a rare floppy duck that was only made for a year... have a Stieff seal that I have yet to list. I got burned by eBay's return policy and am feeling a bit gun shy (eBay shy). I sold a 19th c. Miniature dresser for ~$219. The buyer lifted it by the top which promptly came off... then filed a return claim. It cost me more than $70 in shipping and eBay fees. To let them look at it. I didn't know that eBay ALWAYS sides with the buyer in a dispute... expensive Lesson.

9. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Yes, that is one of the bad things sboit ebay. Mine was a pair of Dolce Gabana glasses at 175, customer broke them and said they were damaged in transit. Yeah, made me pay return shipping and credited purchase price back.

10. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Anyone of us who sells on eBay is subject to dishonest buyers.

It is no longer "comfortable" selling there... I still do myself, but I hold my breath at every sale.

I do not sell high ticket items.....used to, but afraid to do so now.

Plus PayPal allows 180 day return.

11. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Folks would buy my art for a party and send it back.....
    180 days...........Pay-we are not your - Pal.....should get paid in 180 days and see just how they like that !!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

12. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Now, that's a great idea!!

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the 1st part or the 2nd part.....:hilarious::hilarious:

14. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Luckily for me most of what I sell is jewelry, and joolies tend to be hoarders ... and I stay out of the really expensive stuff on purpose. Less reward, but less risk too.

15. Cardon

Cardon Active Member

Yes my first bad dealing with ebay was when I first started and I sold an item to attach to your phone and bed alarm for the deaf for 75.00 and the buyer 7 days after receiving it wrote me and told me I had sent the wrong item and that I had sent them a box of old towels. I went to ebay asked them what I should do. They told me what to do and I did. In the end they took the money back out of my paypal and told the buyer he could keep whatever I had sent. Ebay does not support the seller.

16. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Whether you had or not. I got an SNAD return this year for a package the buyer never even opened. I reported the abuse, for all the good that does. I.E. yeahright.

KingofThings likes this.
  17. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I keep listening to all of the RANTS about ebay from many of you and wonder why on earth they are STILL in business at all!!!! ESPECIALLY, when there is apparently little or no support for the SELLER, who is taking all of the RISK!!!!! BEYOND MEEEE!!!!!!!:wacky::wacky::wacky::wacky::yuck::yuck::yuck::mad::mad::banhappy::banhappy::banghead::banghead::zombie::zombie::muted::muted::muted::muted:

18. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I was going to ask, What the duck is this?

[​IMG]

But assume it is the floppy duck that sold. Floppy Duck would be a good name for a cocktail. Or would it be a duck tail?

19. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Yes, that is a Steiff Floppy Ente, or Floppy Duck. This particular one, with the pom-pom on its head, was made only in 1958-59.

20. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Jeez!!!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted