I am sure this is newer or just plain new but what is it? (elongated base is weird)

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by gauntlettgems, Jan 1, 2020.

1. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

E1D90A56-4EF6-4BBE-96AE-20B33EE9050B_1_201_a.jpeg 33020737-72B0-43EB-BD53-2B03CB513CE7_1_201_a.jpeg EE41BA37-27D0-4A62-85EA-FBA013A57BC9_1_201_a.jpeg 98D38274-0C2F-42D1-B953-FF2CE22AE01F_1_201_a.jpeg

I've tried searching everything I can think of and I have yet to come up with any of these teapots, kettles or??? with this weird base.

What is this? TYIA

2. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I like the green color!

Not sure about the base. It almost looks like it could fit into something else, but ... what? And why?

gauntlettgems and i need help like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

@say_it_slowly , thanks! Is the bottom part to hold warm water to keep the top warm? Or something else?

gauntlettgems and i need help like this.
  5. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Not entirely sure, I've seen one before but never used one. I've assumed it's like a double boiler with the lower portion filled with hot water to help keep it warmer. The brief description they give seems to support that but I'd think you'd drip all over the table when you lifted the upper pot to pour if not careful.

komokwa, gauntlettgems and Figtree3 like this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I call that a damn fool design for a teapot.

7. gauntlettgems

How did you find that??? I tried everything. Mine is so ginormous. Lol. Strange for sure

Ty for the help

8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's what we do...
    Happy New Year !

gauntlettgems likes this.
  9. gauntlettgems

Happy new year!

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted